The Master of Financial Management is designed to meet the needs of three distinct groups of applicants: (1) applicants who have completed an undergraduate degree in accounting, (2) applicants who have completed an undergraduate degree in finance, (3) students pursuing a dual BBA-FM/MFM degree. Graduate admission requirements for each group is listed below.
Applicants without an accounting or finance undergraduate degree will be required to complete prerequisite accounting and finance courses (see Admission Requirements).
In addition to the admission requirements for graduate study and SBM admissions requirements, a candidate for a Master of Financial Management will comply with the following requirement:
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in accounting, finance, or financial management. Applicants with a bachelor’s degree in another area are required to add ACCT 505 , ACCT 507 , ACCT 508 , and FNCE 505 to their programs unless they can show credit for such courses at the undergraduate level.
Admission Requirements for Dual BBA-FM/MFM Degree Applicants (five-year program)
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 or higher.
- Successful completion of the following undergraduate courses:
- ACCT 311, 312 (Intermediate Accounting I, II)
- BUAD 221 (Business Statistics)
- ECON 224, 225 (Macroeconomics/Microeconomics)
- FNCE 315 (Business Finance)
- MATH 120 (Precalculus Algebra)