Chair: Mark Hyder
Faculty: Dale Walters, John Youngberg
Adjunct Faculty: Steve Oskins
- Auto Service, Dale Walters
- Construction Management, John Youngberg
- Auto Service Technician Certificate, Dale Walters
Professional Advisory Board: The Advisory Board serves in a consultancy capacity and assists in referrals for practicum.
Don Britton, Owner, Don Britton Transmission
Sid Crandall, Architect
Joe Farrow, Engineer
Dan Gebhard, Plumber
Michael Holman, General Contractor/Drafter
Steven Karst, General Contractor
Wayne Starr, Former Education Administrator
Dave Turner, General Contractor
J. B. Underwood, Owner, Collegedale Central Exxon
The mission of the Technology Department at Southern is to promote the development of practical skills in a Christian environment while learning responsibility to God and community through service.
- To provide students with hands-on experiences to develop technical skills.
- To expose students to career opportunities in technical and service occupations.
- To provide opportunities to learn technical skills and knowledge for careers and lifelong enjoyment through hobbies.
- To provide the necessary prerequisite knowledge and skills for specialized technical and professional occupations.
- To provide the opportunity for critical thinking, problem solving, and creative skill development in God’s service.
All automotive technology students will be given the NIASE (National Institute of Automotive Service Excellence) certification exams as specified by the department. Students who pass the exams become eligible for ASE certification after two years of experience following their training. Students completing the two year degree will have one year of the two years of experience required for certification completed.