Chair and Program Coordinator: Karon Powell
Graduate Enrollment Counselor: Lisa Hess
Faculty: Karon Powell
Adjunct: Robert Egbert, Pegi Flynt, Polina Kadatska, Braam Oberholster, Alan Parker
The mission of the Master of Science in Global Community Development (GCD) Program lies within the mission of Southern Adventist University. The unique mission of this program is to provide experiential, project-based learning opportunities for graduate students to competently facilitate transformational, results-oriented abundant life and sustainable capacity building for at-risk global communities.
In order to carry out this mission, the GCD Program seeks to accomplish the following goals/objectives to:
- Influence professionals with a passion for sustainable, Christ-centered, holistic mission.
- Equip professionals with experiential, evidence-based skill sets acquired in a global classroom.
- Assist philanthropic entrepreneurs in the design of profitable, community-owned projects benefitting marginalized people.
- Infuse professionals with a desire to share value-added methods and results through scholarly research.
- Empower missionaries with tools to leverage compassion into community development.